This position is ideal for a highly-motivated experienced transportation salesperson looking for a career opportunity with unlimited earnings potential. Compensation is salary plus commission.
The primary responsibility of this position is to increase company revenue and profit margin. The sales focus is to leverage company trucks and partner carriers under dispatch with Pinnacle offices to attract truckload shipments that can be handles by our trucks or supplemented with our brokerage.
Identify a pipeline of customers with truckload business. Keypoint data base and internet available resources are available if you need assistance.
- Clearly identify lanes of traffic for each pipeline customer.
- Negotiate rates with customers for trucks that are available.
- Update customer profile records in Keypoint for each shipping location with sales code, contact information, and operational handling requirements. Verify all mailing and billing information is current.
- Use email campaign to introduce Pinnacle to potential customers. Develop E-brochures to be used as introduction to shippers.
- Send personalized “thank you” cards with your business card whenever possible.
- Enter all pertinent pickup information in Keypoint – pre-booking loads onto load board.
- Review weekly/monthly truckload activity compared to goal
- Return email and phone messages within 24 hours
- Minimum of 25 conversations with customers daily
- Load/revenue goals as defined
WORK EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Freight Transportation sales experience required.
- Ability to find and contact shippers with truckload activity a must.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Outlook, excel, and word. Ability to learn and utilize additional software programs.
- Ability to work independently, effective organizational, follow through, and time management skills.